Role: Lead Designer, photo shoot Art Director, talent recruiter
Problem: The mobile app was not getting the customer attention it needed. The stakeholders wanted a more contemporary look to make it feel relevant. We also needed to make the app easier to read, navigate, and operate. The content needed to look more attractive.
Solution: After a few rounds, I landed on the design below that used the friendly green color from the logo. We made the images bigger and gave them better placement.
Result: The mobile app saw a 20% user increase.
There was a new feature called "Matchmaker" that needed to be integrated. It would make use of customer loyalty and provide better options based on clicking and browsing history.
Utilizing the touch screens to the fullest, we tried out scroll wheels for the category picking.
The scroll wheels were more effective 0n the tablet size. We were going back and forth on whether we wanted to keep it on the phone where it seemed more like a gimmick.
The design needed to be available on all the main platforms: iOS, Android and Windows. The Windows version had a very different visual structure than the other two. It called for a bit of a re-design in order to go with the established Windows look and feel that users were familiar with.
Problem: The old tech-focused marketing page needed to be changed to something with more human connection.
Solution: We decided to use pictures with people in everyday settings in them. There was no budget for doing a photo shoot but I wanted to steer away from bland looking stock photos. I solved the problem by using in-house talent for models and photographer. A couple of days later we did one shoot in the local mall and another shoot in the Design Group manager's home. Very grass roots and very fun!
We needed some quick marketing materials for the Appnation convention and this time, due to tight deadlines, we resorted to stock photography.